Can you believe it? Christmas is just a few short weeks away. Unbelievable. This year went too fast, and 2013 will probably be no different.
That leads me to my next question. Have you started shopping or creating yet? What about giving your loved ones some kitchen essentials to make a whole foods lifestyle easier? You could even fill your own kitchen with these tools! In case you missed Jill’s post last week, check it out for some “bigger gift” ideas for the real foodie in your life.
Top 5 Reasons to Shop ESP
1. Avoid the crowds. Do you Christmas shopping in your PJ’s and avoid the lines in the store.
2. Free shipping on orders over $50. That is if you’re shipping within the continental US or APO/FPO addresses.
3. American made products. Help support American jobs by looking for the US Flag on their American made products.
4. The Environment. ESP gives 1% of their annual profits to non-profit environmental agencies dedicated to the preservation and restoration of our planet.
5. The Name. ESP stands for Essential Safe Products. Their products are free of hazardous chemicals like BPA, lead, and PVC to name a few. Their products are chemical-free and eco-friendly!
ESP is offering a great deal to MAK readers! From now until Monday, Dec 17, use code KITCHEN at checkout and get 20% off your entire order! How awesome is that??
Now that you know a little more about the company and why we as consumers should support them let’s dive into the kitchen essentials for a real foodie.
1. Glass storage containers: These containers are perfect to store leftovers. Since they are glass, they can be placed right in the oven for reheating leftovers and you don’t have to worry about any nasty chemicals leeching into your food. Plus, they are dishwasher safe, too!
4. Cutting board: ESP also sells bamboo cutting boards in varying shapes and sizes. Anybody who is cooking at least a couple times a week will need more than one. A big one is essential for cutting things like watermelon, cantaloupe, and pumpkin. One can be designated for raw meat and fish and another for fruits and vegetables.
5. Reusable Sandwich/Snack Bags: They carry an array of reusable sandwich and snack bags. The bags are pretty in design and some are made from organic cotton. If you’re packing lunch for someone, then this gift is great. By committing to reduce plastic intake, we will keep those plastic little baggies out of our streams and landfills and in the end save a lot of money!
6. Glass Bakeware: Get your foodie the gift of glass bakeware so that he/she can throw out the non-stick metal tins coated in harmful chemicals. ESP offers casserole dishes and pie plates in glass, some coming with a lid.
7. Mesh Produce Bags: Since your friend is probably purchasing plenty of produce from farmer’s markets and the grocery store, help them reduce their plastic consumption even more by giving them some mesh bags. They can be washed to keep them fresh longer!